Explanation of Principles of Art
The Principles of Art are the guidelines that artists use to organise the elements of art in an artwork. These guidelines help to create an aesthetically pleasing or interesting. These principles should be considered regardless of the medium used to create a work of art.
The Principles of Art
These are the Principles of Art:
- Balance - Making a piece equally interesting.
- Proportion - Measurement of size of the elements within a piece.
- Unity - Making a piece look like it belongs together as a whole.
- Variety - Using different elements in your artwork.
- Emphasis - Making a part of an artwork stand out.
- Rhythm - Repeating elements inside a piece.
- Contrast - Difference between elements in a composition.
- Visual movement - Elements arranged to lead the viewer around a piece.