The Classical music style dated approximately 1750-1820.
Characteristics of Classical Music Style
- Orchestration varies throughout the era but the standard from about 1800 onwards was:
- 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, 2 trumpets, 2 timpani, strings
- The creation of the String Quartet consisting of 2 violins, a viola and a cello.
- The pianoforte (Piano) was created.
- Listed below are examples of famous Classical composers:
Famous Classical Music composers
- Franz Joseph Haydn
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Ludwig Van Beethoven